Can Bridgepoint help treat PANDAS?
Fortunately, there are treatments that can help children suffering from PANDAS. Of course, an accurate diagnosis is very important to identifying the proper treatment. Because of the nature of PANDAS, as well as the limited research in this area, the condition can be misdiagnosed.
At Bridgepoint, we always provide a thorough analysis to determine the true nature of any condition. PANDAS is no exception. Our therapists’ extensive training and their experience help us evaluate each individual to provide a reliable interpretation of examination results. We will devise a course of action to reduce the immediate symptoms and begin a healing process through a range of treatments. Some of the effective treatment options include:
- Antibiotics – a first line of defense against infection
- Anti-inflammatory medications – can calm the immune system for relief
- Antidepressants – often provide relief from OCD symptoms
- IVIG or Plasmapheresis – affect the antibodies working against your child
- Cognitive behavioral therapy – can help manage OCD and similar disorders
Because PANDAS symptoms have a rapid onset, we know how important it is for your child and your family to receive prompt help. We also believe that early treatment is more effective.
If you witness a sudden change in your child’s behavior and fear that PANDAS could be the cause, contact us immediately for an assessment and a path toward healing.